Job Description / Job Responsibilities: Manages a large, diverse, multi-cultural team in our Central Production Facility including all aspects of food production from ordering, managing stock and manpower, recipe development, quality control, food safety standards, hygiene standards, scheduling of staff, and quality controls. Additional duties will include food safety and spot checks in our restaurant locations, training, and corrective measures as needed in cooperation with Area Managers and Unit Heads.
This is a challenging role that covers multiple concepts, the ability to manage and lead, with an emphasis on food safety and staff development. Experience leading large teams, meeting production deadlines, and developing staff is essential. English language skills (speaking, reading, and writing) are essential, while other languages such as Hindi, Arabic, Bengali, etc…will be beneficial.
• Prepares weekly staff schedules to ensure food production operations run smoothly and meet transport deadlines for delivery to individual units
• Ensures high standard of sanitation, cleanliness, safety and hygiene are maintained and followed throughout all kitchen area along the entire food production cycle.
• Takes a proactive approach to training and developing staff, with an emphasis on teaching new skills and preparing staff to grow within the company
• Evaluate staff ability and “attitude” to take on more responsibilities within the company and provide professional development opportunities for kitchen staff.
• Reviews existing menu items and recipes to ensure that food cost is in line with expected results and makes suggestions / changes that will enhance both the quality and costing
• Work with Country Manager and CEO, within franchisor guidelines, to develop new menu items and recipes to enhance and localize concept menu offerings.
• Prepare necessary data for applicable parts of budget, projects and other associated costs. Take corrective actions and ensure financial goals are met. Prepares / manages daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
• Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste, Conducts periodic inventory counts and surveillance checks for food products.
• Inspects food deliveries to ensure that only food products that meet quality and safety standards are accepted.
• Ensures that recipes are followed during production in all food production areas (Arabic section, Butchery, Italian and Asian Sauce section, Juice section, Vegetable section, and Salad section)
• Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standard of quality; control food and labor costs to achieve profitability, perform staff reviews and make recommendations.
• Assist operations team in maintaining high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
• Leads by example in both personal and professional behavior
This position will suit either an experienced Executive Chef who is ready to broaden their skills by taking on a role that covers multiple international franchised concepts, along with several home-grown brands, or a very strong / motivated Sous Chef who is looking to take the next step in their culinary career.
|Job Location:||Manama, Bahrain|
|Job Role:||Hospitality and Tourism|
|Company Industry:||Catering/Food Services/Restaurants|