Lab Director (MD)
1. Develops plans and administers the technical and administrative activities of the lab.
2. Determines and analyzes laboratory operating costs.
3. Plans for the effective and efficient scheduling and utilization of personnel resources, equipment and supplies.
4. Prepares the lab budget, controls expenditures and inventory.
5. Manages the Quality Assurance Program, reviews standards and quality control of technical procedures and monitors records for all quality control and proficiency testing.
6. Assess the value of new procedures, products and equipment for utilization by the laboratory.
7. Recommends on the selection of laboratory equipment and supplies.
8. Maintains liaison with customers, Governmental and non-governmental, technical and administrative agencies and organizations.
9. Evaluates the performance of subordinate employees.
10. Plans, administers and enforces appropriate policies, procedures and practices regarding fiscal management, billing and collections.
11. Selection of test methodology appropriate for the clinical use of the test results.
12. Identifying training needs and assuring that each individual performing tests receives regular in-service training and education appropriate for the type and complexity of the laboratory services performed.
13. Specify, in writing, the responsibilities and duties of each consultant and each person, engaged in the performance of the pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases of testing.
14. Implement and maintain CME program.
15. Maintains a complete record for every employee and monitor the validity of the employee licenses and documents.
16. Monitor the renewal of the branch licenses and the updating of the data for the Labor office, Passport office and Social insurance, in cooperation with Human Resources Dept.
17. Ensure that:
• The physical plant and environmental conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical, chemical, and biological hazards.
• The establishment and maintenance of acceptable levels of analytical performance for each test system.
• Consultation is available to the laboratory’s clients on matters relating to the quality of the test results reported and their interpretation concerning specific patient conditions.
• The Lab is adequately prepared for inspections and accreditation surveys.
• There is appropriate handling of patient complaints and interacts with patients to address concerns regarding laboratory issues.
|Job Location:||Manama, Bahrain|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, other; Laboratory/QC|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|