Operations Process Engineer – Wastewater & Membrane Specialist – CH2M Hill
CH2M have a requirement for an Operations Process Engineer to join the business in Bahrain. The Operations Process Engineer will be accountable for process at a membrane industrial wastewater treatment plant which has a capacity is 24,000 m³ per day. Process knowledge and experience in nitrification, denitrification, and cooling systems is recommended for this position.
– Supervise and manage all activities within the wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) regarding process and performance to ensure effluent specifications are delivered and maintained for the client.
– Working knowledge of process optimization and directly how it relates to wastewater treatment effectiveness.
– Familiar with biological wastewater nitrification and denitrification processing along with physical separation to remove phosphorus.
– Examine wastewater data and apply computer software applications of spreadsheets and word processing to analyse results and communicate to Operators and management.
– Forecast trending process data and give directives to Operators.
– Evaluate and verify laboratory sampling methods and techniques and report discrepancies to Operations Manager.
– Strong technical writing and oral communication to include presentation skills for Operator training.
– Identify and report any abnormalities within the plant or shift supervisor records and report to the Operations Manager.
– Monitor daily Mass Balance and Flow Balance spreadsheets and provide the process guide to Lead Operators.
– Use process guide to conduct site inspections and rectify directives for proper WWTP operation.
– Responsible for the safe operation of the plant and personnel either in the Lab and within WWTP.
– Prepare monthly reports to include graphs using mathematical and statistical information for explanation to the client.
– Verify and maintain process information and ensure records are kept securely in accordance to company policy.
– Liaise with Lead Operators and the Operations Manager of treatment processes specifically including membrane treatment, Safety, and Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
– Respond and attend to emergency call outs and take appropriate action.
– Responsible to supervise and coach team members to deliver process objectives and ensure work safety and compliance with company policies, procedures, and regulations.
|Job Location:||Manama, Bahrain|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|