• Is part of the project safety council and leads all efforts to enhance safety.
• The safety officer reviews and approves all subcontractors safety plans.
• Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related government agencies .
• Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
• Promotes safe practices at the job site.
• Enforces safety guidelines.
• Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
• Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
• Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
• Conducts job hazard analyses.
• Establishes safety standards and policies as needed.
• Performs emergency response drills.
• Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
• Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
• Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste.
• Serves as the link between state and local agencies and contractors.
• Receives reports from and responds to orders issued by Labor inspectors.
• Arranges for OSHA mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants.
|Job Location:||Manama, Bahrain|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|